Sunday, January 30, 2005

Eyes on The Kize

I like to call myself a writer, but, considering that I haven't written anything outside of an Instant Messenger away message in the past 8 months, I'm beginning to think that this designation is a bit hypocritical. So, in order to give credibility to that title, as well as to satisfy those of you addicted to the drug known as Chris Kiser's brilliant wordsmithery, I've created this blog.

During my year as a columnist for The Cavalier Daily, I donned the cape and cowl of conservatism and sought to strike terror in the hearts of UVA's liberals, an illogical and atheistic lot. Each week as I searched for a topic, however, I found myself really wishing I could write about sports and pop culture, the matters closest to my heart. While you may find the ocassional mention of George W's economic policy in these posts, you're more likely to run into a vigorous discussion of who's tougher: Jack Bauer or Jack Bristow. (Answer: It's the second one.)

If I had started this thing a month earlier, I'd have opened with a Best of 2004. In a nutshell, it would have looked a little something like this: TV Show - Alias; Movie - The Incredibles; Music - Franz Ferdinand; Comic Books - Y:The Last Man. Nothing good happened to any sports team I like in 2004.

Anyway, this blog ought to be a really exciting way for my friends to come see, in written form, the opinions and thoughts they've already heard me talk too much about.

No comments: