Sunday, March 06, 2005

PTI, Here I Come

Last Wednesday, at the final UVA basketball home game of the season, a reporter for NBC 29 news randomly picked me out of the crowd to give a sound byte about the miserable state of the program this year. The spot aired on the morning and noon broadcasts the following day, March 3, and featured my heartfelt lament over how quickly my high hopes (generated by a strong finish in '04 and a huge upset of Arizona in November) were dashed onced UVA entered ACC play.

I have two thoughts regarding this recent contribution to the local news. 1) NBC 29 was extremely lucky to have interviewed me, a loyal and knowledgeable fan, rather than some random schmuck like the two guys sitting behind me, who didn't even stand up to applaud the seniors. 2) It should only be a matter of time before ESPN tenders me a generous offer to become an on-air analyst.

No comments: